Our mechanical engineering faculty members are leaders in the areas of thermal and fluid sciences, micro/nano mechanics, photonics, tribology, and energy-water nexus. They guide students in their studies and encourage them to reach their full potential.
Our faculty members, have in-depth knowledge and practical experience in mechanical engineering, and help graduates excel in their careers by:
- Mentoring students on their senior capstone projects.
- Implementing the latest techniques and technologies in the classroom.
- Teaching in new laboratories, including a teaching lab dedicated to studying fluid dynamics and heat transfer and another for studying materials science and engineering.
- Working on interdisciplinary research projects of consequence.
- Having connections to local industry and federal government in the Washington, D.C., area.
- Earning national and international reputations in their research areas.
- Publishing their research in the top journals in their respective fields.
“I really like my mechanical engineering professors. I have a one-on-one relationship with most of them because the class sizes are small.”
— Jack Scherer, mechanical engineering major